Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Homeschooled Kid

I am homeschooled.
Latin and spelling are my favorite subjects.  I want to teach my kids - when I have some -  Latin, spelling and math.
We have a loose homeschool. Mom calls it something else.
  Loose homeschooling is when your parents are not very tight and you don't have to do work at a certain time. I can do it at night so that I can spend my day playing, visiting and doing music. I like spelling because I like writing. I enjoy piano because it is better than sitting in front of the TV everyday and better for my brain.  Anyway, my mom gave away our TV so I can't do that anyway. I study Latin because I think it will help me when I want to learn a different language.
BTW, my mom threw out our math curriculum with the TV.  I don't know why she did that.  I don't miss that math curriculum, though!
For science, me and my brother mix baking powder and water and other ingredients from the kitchen and we see what happens. We like to blow things up.
I like science because it is like a game, you play and see what happens!
Mom says the science experiments are messy but she never stops us, she does make us clean up afterward.  
My brother plays with his friends, farts, does art projects with me, fishes and plays chess all day.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like your home schooling has served you well. I love the fact that your mom tossed the TV and you don't mind. If we all threw out the TV we would be a lot better off. Good job on the blog. I am looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comments on the blog from my facebook page:

    Charlotte Benton Teagle, Steve Schaefer, Cindy Murphy-Tofig and 9 others like this.
    Bita Honarvar I love her description of Everett.

    Nancy Clanton This is awesome. I took two years of Latin, she's right. It helps with other languages.

    Minla Shields So well written and so funny. My favorite line is "...my mom threw out our math curriculum with the TV. I don't know why she did that"

    Holly Smothers Grantham So very cool. Tell her that I said so. I tried to comment but it kept bumping me off.

    Evelyn Amaya Ortega How awesome! I kept a journal ever since I learned to read and write... This takes that ritual to another level. Hope she keeps it up! Tell her she is very good at it!

    Heather Curtis what an incredible girl you are raising. My love to you all.

    Jenni Girtman so good!

    Chuck Eckstein Like father, like son.

    Adrainne Gray I fixed the comment box on Sylvia's blog

    Jean Shifrin Love it! I hope you guys keep these and put them together in a book for her.

    Pouya Dianat I always said you weren't tight...

    Joshua Good That is the coolest blog I've ever read. I'm inspired to throw out the TV and get a piano. Tell Sylvia I think she is cool, as are her parents and her farting little brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia!....I LOVE your blog! It's AWESOME!! I like the term "loose homeschooling". It seems it gives you the opportunity to so the things you love the most, like piano. I think it's great your mom got rid of the television, but even greater that you seem okay with that. Super cool! Your brother seems fun...well, I don't know about the farting part. We hope to see you guys hiking soon. xo, Kelley, Matthew and Lillarose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve and Kelley,
    Thank you for reading my blog. It is not so bad because you find more things to do when you get rid of the TV. Kelley, thank you for following.
    T.Y. (thank you)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am 8 years old and I like to play with my cat Scooby and my dog Temple. One of my interests is fashion. I love my parents very much and, I love my friends, too. My brother - he is annoying sometimes - he is six years old, but I love him just the same.